Friday, August 27, 2010

Fitness Friday (8/27/2010)

First Post for Fitness Friday

Well unfortunately, I was unable to post for Thursday due to conflicts in my schedule but I will make up for it here with my Friday post.


I'm thinking fitness Friday is an appropriate title for this day, as this and future posts will be a general rounding up of the week when pertaining to the ideas discussed over the previous days.

Now obviously this will be a bit difficult on this post, as we have yet to do our other days but it will all be in good time. So I figured to start this one off we could at least discuss the importance of planning out a good weekend while still remaining physically sound.

To me, if you take physically fitness (or anything for that matter) TOO seriously then you wind up disliking it and often times "rebelling" against it. I see this happen far too often with many people, especially when the weekend rolls around.

I generally see one of two things coming from someone who is regularly active as the weekend approaches.

-One, the person is so convinced that they do so much physical activity and eat healthy that the weekend is a complete free pass to do anything and everything for two to three days straight and then get back into the rhythm on Monday.

-Two, the person is so wrapped up in the fitness lifestyle that the weekends are a mere two days that allow for more time to be in the gym, eating healthy, etc. thus missing out on having any sort of life outside of the fitness one they know.

As with anything, the happy medium must be met between these two extremes. Do you have to find it? Well, no of course not. You may be perfectly happy with doing one of the above and I'm not one to say otherwise.

However, looking at the normal person he/she would likely do much better finding that central balance.

For example, many physically sound people often discount fast food and look upon it as if it should top the list of the worst sins that can be committed. However, everything in moderation is actually what we should all be leaning towards.

I myself used to use a method somewhere along these lines: I would eat correctly and healthy for the week, and allow myself a fast food outing perhaps once a week. Yes I know, we are stepping into the "cheat meal" territory but I myself hate that term.

Cheat meal? To me this makes working out and staying physically fit sound like an exam that nobody wants to take which makes the idea of fitness THAT much less appealing.

Anyway, this is a more general post (you can expect them to be more specific next week) to get things rolling but there is more to come.

I will have recipes, routines, and much more starting next week so please stick around!

Have a good weekend!

-Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment